Solar energy systems are derived from pure clean energy from the sun. Installation of solar panels in the home contributes to greenhouse gas emissions to combat and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels group.
Traditional power generation from fossil fuels such as coal and natural gas. When fossil fuels are burned to generate electricity, they emit harmful gases are the main cause of air pollution and global warming. Solar carbon dioxide per unit of energy production is 95% lower than fossil fuel power plants.
Reasons for choosing solar energy
- It is good for the environment.
- It is a solid investment at home.
- Solar systems are sustainable.
- Solar can actually make money!
- Solar can help pay for home improvements that you missed.
- Solar energy has a fixed cost.
- You can use solar energy during the day.
- Increase property value
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE GETTING SOLAR PANELS
- EXAMINE YOUR PROPERTY
You will need an assessment of the property for the construction professional before making any changes or large assembly projects on board. If the owner of the old building, you may need roof repairs or even replacement of the roof before the solar panels can be safely installed. If the property is free from defects in construction or other structural problems, installing solar panels may present a risk and become more expensive to maintain or repair the calendar. Take the condition of their property and the roof into account, so you can make major repairs before starting the installation.
- TO EXPLORE THE TYPES OF SOLAR PANELS
Now there are dozens of solar panels made out there that offer everything from solar panels high performance frameless models that can withstand wind. Take the time to compare different types of solar panels and brands to determine the perfect fit for your home or property. Web site for access to wholesale store a large inventory of solar panels and ask for an offer to purchase. Then you can consider and delivery plant its base price for a particular model.
- EVALUATE THE COSTS OF INSTALLATION
In addition to the cost of solar panels, the cost of installation can be your biggest expense when converting to a greener lifestyle. You will need to find a reliable plumber with a strong track record of good reviews on the Internet. Do your homework to find someone who has a long list of satisfied customers. Although solar panels are durable and rarely need to be replaced, you might need to maintain and repair at some point. To find out if the installer provides these services at a discount to existing customers, so you can save on long-term costs.
- CONSIDER FINANCING OR ADVANCE PAYMENT FOR THE PURCHASE
Purchase and installation of solar panels can save you money in the long run, but it can be the starting price for the budget increase. Consider the financing of the purchase of the company that provides financing low interest rates or rebates on certain purchases, so you can pay the total cost of the payment plan. If you choose to use a personal loan, make sure to shop around for the best prices that they pay less interest on the financing plans that offer solar panel suppliers.
- Do not forget the tax incentives and rebates
The federal government offers tax credits for solar panels up to 30 percent of the cost of purchase and installation. Consider how you will save the tax credit by installing solar panels this year. It’s also a good idea to keep your eyes open for any reduction in the state or country to locals who make the extra effort to save the planet.
THE BENEFITS OF SOLAR ENERGY
- Solar energy is not only sustainable, renewable and that means that you will never be without it. It is a natural source of energy, since it is possible to produce electricity.
- The creation of solar energy requires little maintenance. After the solar panels are installed and working with maximum efficiency only a small amount of maintenance required each year to ensure that they are in good condition.
- They are silent energy producer. There is absolutely no noise from photovoltaic panels that convert sunlight into usable electricity.
- There is continuous progress of solar technology to increase efficiency and reduce production costs, making it more profitable.
- During operation of solar power plants produce no emissions.
- Renewable energy source
- Solar energy is a renewable source of truth. It can be used in all parts of the world and is available all day. We cannot escape from the solar energy, unlike some other energy sources. Solar energy will always be available, and when we have the sun, sunlight, so it is available before at least 5 billion years ago, when scientists say the sun will die.
- Reduces electricity bills
- As you get to know some of your energy for the electricity your solar system is achieved, energy costs will be reduced. How much can you save on delivery will depend on the size of the solar system and its use of electricity or heat. On the other hand, not only will you save on electricity, but if it generates more electricity you use, the surplus will be exported to the grid and get paid for that bond amount (taking into account the system of solar panels are connected to a network). The savings can grow even more if you sell excess electricity at high rates during the day, and then buy electricity from the grid at night, when rates are lower.
- Other Applications
- Solar energy can be used for various purposes. It can generate electricity (photovoltaic) or heat (solar thermal). Solar energy can be used to generate electricity in areas without electricity, water distillation in areas with limited supplies of water and clean energy satellites in space. Solar energy can also be integrated into the materials used in buildings. No long transparent windows Sharp introduced solar energy.
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Solar energy systems generally do not require much maintenance. You just have to keep them relatively clean, so clean a few times a year will do the job. The most reliable solar panels manufacturers provide 20-25 years warranty. Also, since it has no moving parts, no wear. The investor is usually the only part that needs to be changed after 5-10 years that we are constantly working to convert solar energy into electrical energy (solar photovoltaic) and heat (solar thermal). So after covering the initial cost of the solar system, you can expect very little maintenance costs and repairs.
- Technological Development
- Technology in the solar industry is constantly growing and improving will intensify in the future. Innovations in quantum physics and nanotechnology has the potential to increase the efficiency of solar panels and double or even triple, the electrical solar energy systems.
CONS OF SOLAR ENERGY
- Cost: The initial cost for the purchase of a solar system is quite high. Although the British government has established programs to encourage the adoption of renewable energy, such as feed rate, and still have to cover the initial costs. This includes payment of solar panels, inverters, batteries, wires and mounting. However, solar technology is constantly evolving, so it is safe to assume that prices will fall in the future.
- Weather Dependent: Although solar energy can still be collected during cloudy and rainy days, the efficiency of the solar system falls. Solar panels are dependent on sunlight to efficiently collect solar energy. So, cloudy, rainy days can have a significant impact on the energy system. You should also be aware that solar energy can not be picked up the night.
- Storage of solar energy is expensive: Solar energy should be used immediately or can be stored in large batteries. These batteries are used in solar systems outside the door, can be loaded during the day, so that the energy used in the evening. This is a good solution for the use of solar energy during the day, but it is also very expensive. In most cases, it is better to use only solar power during the day and take power into the grid during the night (you can do so if the system is connected to a network). Fortunately, our energy consumption is usually higher during the day, so that we can answer most of that with solar energy.
- Uses a lot of space: more electricity to be produced, solar panels need it most, because he wants to collect as much sunlight. Solar panels need a lot of space, but some limits are not large enough to accommodate the number of solar panels that would like to have. An alternative is to install some signs in his yard, but they must have access to sunlight. In any case, if you do not have space for all the panels you want, you get less and still meet some of its energy needs.
- Associated with pollution: While pollution from solar energy is much lower compared to other energy sources, solar energy can be linked to pollution. Transportation and installation of solar energy systems are associated with the emission of greenhouse gases. There are also toxic and hazardous materials used during the manufacturing process of photovoltaic solar energy, which can indirectly affect the environment. However, solar energy does not pollute much less than other alternative energy sources.